After defeating a 36-year incumbent in a citywide election for City Commissioner, Commissioner Stephanie Singer has served Philadelphia with distinction. In a her four-year term she:
- Championed voters’ rights by helping to defeat a Voter ID Law that could have disenfranchised hundreds of thousands
- Oversaw a quadrupling of new voter registrations in Philadelphia
- Saved the City hundreds of thousands of dollars per year by improving management and streamlining election processes
- Bucked the establishment and blew the whistle on nepotism and corruption
- Brought transparency to the Office of the City Commissioners
- Engaged the community, bringing to voters, activists and candidates the information and knowledge they need to get involved.